What is Blue.?
Blue. Psychological Services is a Singapore-based mental healthcare project providing pro bono psychological consultation and advice. Through this initiative, we hope to make psychological consultation accessible to anyone and everyone.
If you have feedback, ideas on how to improve the site, or questions for our psychologists, feel free to reach out to us and we will try our best to address them.
Blue. Psychological Services is a Singapore-based mental healthcare project conceptualised and founded by Clinical Psychologist Eugene Kheng. The project went live on 01 December 2020. The goal of the project is to be able to provide anonymous pro bono psychological consultations to anyone. We hope that through this initiative, we can educate, inform, share our knowledge, or provide some form of advice to anyone regardless of their financial ability.
Simply put, if you have questions for a psychologist, this platform provides the opportunities for these questions to be addressed free-of-charge.
There are several reasons behind this project.
- Psychological consultations can be expensive. The cost of consultation might put it out of reach for many. By offering free consults, more people will have access to such a service.
- Actively seeking advice or consultation can be daunting. By offering an anonymous consultation service, we hope to encourage more people to reach out as a first step.
- We hope to be able to fill a gap in the system with this initiative.
Please note that this project does not intend to replace traditional psychological services. It is not meant to be an online assessment, intervention, therapy service, or crisis helpline. If you find yourself in need of urgent or emergency mental health support, please contact the following hotlines or approach the accident and emergency (A&E) department of your nearest hospital.
- Samaritans of Singapore: 1800-221-4444
- Institute of Mental Health’s Crisis Hotline: 6389-2222
Other Helplines or Websites
- National Care Hotline: 1800-202-6868
- Agency for Integrated Care Hotline: 1800-650-6060
At Blue., our service to you is guided by the following principles. Click on the icons below or drop us an email if you would like to know more.
We are happy for you to remain anonymous during your consultation. Help us protect your privacy by not disclosing personal identifying information to us.
We endeavour to provide you with advice and information that is informed by current evidence. Our evaluation of evidence is guided by the ‘Levels of Evidence’ framework (Burns, Rohrich, & Chung, 2011) and other resources.
This site is fully funded by the founder of Blue. and does not receive any financial contributions from external sources. To prevent any conflict of interest, we will not provide referrals or recommendations to specific businesses, privately-owned clinics, for-profit entities, or clinicians.
To ensure that we have the relevant expertise to address as broad a range of questions as possible, we are looking to expand our team of contributors. If you are keen to be part of Blue., reach out to us!
Contributors at Blue. are qualified psychologists holding full-time employment in Singapore. Thus, advice from Blue. is adapted to the local mental healthcare landscape. We will do our best to match your consults to contributors with relevant clinical expertise, and we apologise in advance if we are unable to adequately address your concerns, especially if they fall outside our areas of expertise. If you would like to find out more about the clinical experiences of our contributors, click on their images.
Our services are currently limited to:
Email Consultation (pro bono)
Our email consultation is free-of-charge and is best suited for individuals with queries, looking for advice, or a second opinion. We do not provide online assessment, intervention, counselling, or therapy services. If you are in urgent need of intervention or emergency services, please refer to the helplines available in our “About Us”. If you have questions regarding our email consultation, please refer to our FAQ.
If you would like to hear from us, write in to us using the form below, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Do refrain from including personal identifiers to protect your confidentiality.
• Please be patient with us. We will try to reply you as soon as possible.
• To prevent any conflict of interest, we will not provide referrals or recommendations to specific businesses, privately-owned clinics, for-profit entities, or clinicians.
• By using this service, you hereby agree to our terms and conditions.